To those wishing to install Drush on their Mac, but having difficulty, here's a surefire way to get it running great:
[Edit: Umm... instead of doing all the steps below, you can use Homebrew (the 'missing package manager for Mac OS X') and enter
$ brew install drush. Much simpler!]
- Fire up the Terminal (this is why you're using Drush, so you'd better get comfy in here!).
- cd to your Desktop, download drush, and extract it.
$ cd Desktop $ wget http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drush-6.x-3.3.tar.gz $ tar -xvzf drush-6.x-3.3.tar.gz
- Move the drush directory to /usr/local/lib
$ sudo mv drush /usr/local/lib
- Make drush executable.
$ sudo chmod u+x /usr/local/lib/drush/drush
- Make a symbolic link to drush in /usr/bin
$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/drush/drush /usr/bin/drush
- Set up an alias in your bash environment so you can type 'drush command' rather than '/usr/bin/drush command'
$ cd ~<br />
$ nano .profile<br />
# Inside the .profile file:<br />
alias drush='/usr/bin/drush'<br />
# Then press control-O + return to write the file, and control-X to exit nano<br />
$ source .profile
Now, you can simply enter 'drush command' to use drush.