It looks like the Kenrick Plaza redevelopment is wrapping up, and the 'Lower Kenrick' shopping center is in early stages of signing leases, with an Aldi as the main anchor (nearest Watson Rd.).
Screenshot from this real estate listing on Loopnet.
At this point, it seems the confirmed tenets of the two shopping plazas are:
- First Bank (opened mid 2015)
- Walmart (opened late 2015)
- Here Today (nearing completion)
- Planet Fitness (nearing completion)
- Message Luxe (nearing completion)
- SuperCuts (nearing completion)
- LifeXist (nearing completion)
- Aldi (work on Lower Kenrick has not begun as of spring 2016) — see article in the Post-Dispatch
No word as to whether the Lower Kenrick redevelopment will be using TIF funds or what the scope of the project is. I hope, at a very minimum, they completely redo the parking lot, plantings, and façade of the building—all of these are in extreme disrepair.