I was recently converting a repository from SVN to Git using KDE's SVN2Git, and after the conversion was done, the repository didn't seem to work that well. Inside the bare repo, if I tried
git log, I received:
fatal: bad default revision 'HEAD'<br />
I also tried
git fsck, which resulted in:
notice: HEAD points to an unborn branch (master)<br />
After trying a few different methods to resurrect the git repository, I noticed that my SVN2Git rules file defined the name of the resulting git repository as
example-example (note the dash). Removing the dash fixed the issue, and now I have a happy git repository!
tl;dr: Don't use special characters in the name of the resulting git repository in SVN2Git's rules file.