As I have done for my past three iPhones, I've put together a video that shows how well the iPhone 5 works with various wired and wireless microphones. You can watch the video below, and you can read through my comprehensive day-one review of the iPhone 5 in the Reviews section.
Under the video below, I've listed all the microphones and adapters I used in the video, with links to Amazon for each. (See my full article on iPhone and iPad microphones and audio inputs here).
Microphones and adapters used in this video:
- Internal iPhone Mic (comes with the iPhone!)
- Shure PG48 (like SM58) with VeriCorder XLR mic-level adapter.
- Audio Technica Pro 88 W/T Wireless Lavaliere microphone with KVConnection line-level adapter.
- Shure PG48 with Tascam iXZ (see my review of the Tascam iXZ).
- Cheap Panasonic Headset with cheap TRRS 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter.
- Audio Technica ATR-3350 with KVConnection 1/8" iPhone mic adapter.
- Pyle-Pro PDWM96 Wireless Lavaliere microphone with Shure FP12 headset adapter.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment on the video page or in the comments below!