If you've glanced over on my 'Articles' page lately, you'll no doubt notice my recent love affair (just kidding!) with the iPhone 4's audio and video recording capabilities. This blog post will offer a nice summary of all my blog posts and articles about A/V production on the iPhone (and, by extension, the new iPod Touch that was just announced today):
- iPhone 4 (+ iPad, iPod Touch) - External Microphones for Audio Input
The article that started it all - explains many different techniques for using mics with the iPhone.
- iPhone and iPod Touch - Professional Digital Audio Recorders
A new post reflecting my latest research and testing with my iPhone 4 and a Shure FP12 headphone amp.
- Portable, Professional HD Video Recording with the iPhone 4
A simple post showing my go-anywhere recording rig for my iPhone 4.
- DIY $10 iPhone 4 & 3G/3Gs Tripod Adapter/Case
This post not only lists many commercially-available iPhone 4 tripod mounts and adapters, it shows you how you can make your own using about $10 worth of hardware store parts.
- Microphone Impedance Matching - Using a Shure SM58 with the iPhone 4
Article on microphone impedance and its implications for using dynamic mics with the iPhone 4.
- Is the iPod Touch another Nail in Flip's Coffin? (HD Video Recording)
Post on how Apple's announcement of the new iPod Touch with a built-in HD video camera is a true game-changing step in the field of portable A/V recording.
- Using a Lav Mic with the iPhone 4 - HD Video/Audio Recording
The post that kinda kicked off the rest of these posts.