Tomorrow begins the Year of Faith, when, as Pope Benedict points out, "we must rediscover a taste for feeding ourselves on the word of God, faithfully handed down by the Church, and on the bread of life, offered as sustenance for his disciples."
Here are a few resources I'd like to highlight for making the Year of Faith personal:
- Read the Catechism in a Year - Flocknote (disclaimer: I work there) is offering an email-a-day with one reading from the Catechism. In a year's time, you'll be able to read through the entirety of the Catholic faith (in summary form). Readings are provided through @CatechismAPI
- The Catholicism Series - A very well-done video series highlighting the Catholic faith, narrated by Fr. Robert Barron and produced by Word on Fire.
- The Nicene Creed - Try memorizing this creed. You may recite it every Sunday, but have you ever tried repeating it to yourself outside of Mass? This is the summation of all our faith, and it's good to know. If anyone asks you what you believe, start off, "I believe in One God, the Father Almighty..."
- Get a Plenary Indulgence - Indulgences are real, and they're definitely a helpful tool for your spiritual life. Not quite a 'get into Heaven for free' card, but about as close as you can get, short of martyrdom! :)
- Vatican Website for the Year of Faith - Lots of resources, news and videos. Well done site, to boot! (Just a little distracting on the home page, imo.)
How are you going to kick off the Year of Faith?