How to Stream from Tricaster Broadcast/Pro to Ustream.tv
The following instructions are based on this video, embedded below:
- You need at least version 2.5 of Tricaster software.
- Download 2.5 or later at register.newtek.com (go to my downloads).
- For Watershed, the process is similar, but you need to get the Flash XML file from Watershed directly.
First, you'll need to turn on the Tricaster, and make sure it's connected to the Internet. You should also try to make sure you have a relatively decent (and stable) Internet connection, for obvious reasons. Some problems may be caused by a restrictive firewall, as well, so watch out for that. (Check your Internet upload speed using Speedtest.net - you should have at least 300-500 kbps upload).
On the Tricaster computer, on the Internet
- Click the X on the right side of the screen and select 'Admin mode' to go to the Desktop.
- Go to Ustream.tv, and login.
- Go to your account on Ustream, and click on the 'Manage Your Show' button, then under that, 'Settings.'
- Click to expand the 'Advanced settings' at the bottom of the Settings page, and click the link to "Download the Flash Media Encoder XML file."
On the Tricaster computer
- Go to Start > Run..., and type "winrtme" and hit Enter
- Go to Start > Programs > Adobe > Flash Media Encoder 3 (ignore any errors).
- Go to File > Open Profile, and open the flash file (XML) that you downloaded earlier.
- Copy out the "FMS URL" and "Stream" values so you can paste those into Tricaster Studio later.
- Close Flash Encoder.
On the Tricaster computer, in Tricaster Studio
- Click Launch Tricaster
- Click on the 'Record Stream' tab.
- Choose one of the two 'Flash Ustream' stream types from the "Stream Type" dropdown menu.
- Paste in the values for the "FMS URL" (begins with rtmp://), and "Stream ID."
- Click "Stream Live Output" to begin streaming to Ustream.
On another Internet-connected computer, on the Internet
- Log into Ustream.tv and click "Broadcast" to start broadcasting LIVE...
- The Ustream console will appear (if you have multiple shows, you need to select which one to broadcast first).
- Manage your Ustream broadcast using the Ustream console on this computer.
That's it! You should be able to stream from your TriCaster now. Happy broadcasting!
Read more about streaming your live events via Ustream.tv or Watershed on Open Source Catholic.